I love fall because football is back, pumpkin everything, hoodies, and, oh yeah, leasing season starts in student housing. There have been a lot of changes over the years from paper leases to online leases, from tear-off flyers to TikTok videos, from cable packages to streaming online. With record rates and occupancy growth, internet performance validation is the next big thing.
The demand for better WiFi quality and experience will put pressure on teams at the site level, technology teams, and ultimately on the network infrastructure. Just like any other change to prepare for, we’ve put together a few tips you might find helpful if your internet and leasing are slowing you down.
- Internet Speeds and Connectivity Matters – By staying up to date on your internet speeds and connectivity, you can ensure that your WiFi network is running at optimal speeds. Additionally, monitoring the quality of your WiFi connection can help you identify any potential issues that may be causing your speeds to slow down.
- More Users = More Demand – As the number of devices connected to your wireless network increases, so does the demand for bandwidth. The older the equipment, the slower the speeds, as they may not be able to handle the amount of traffic.
- Keeping the System in Check – Are you sure the ISP is delivering promised or contractual speeds? How are you testing the speeds during peak usage hours? ROVR WiFi Score not only reports on the performance provided by your ISP, but we partner with them on your behalf to resolve issues.
- Onboarding Experience – The new resident onboarding experience with your ISP should be seamless and easy to follow, with clear instructions and all the necessary information. The customer service should also be prompt and helpful, and should provide any assistance your residents may need.
- Access Points – is it time to invest in updated or additional access points to ensure communities have a reliable connection, and to monitor internet speeds ongoing to ensure residents have the necessary quality of experience? Not sure if you have the right infrastructure? We can assess and give guidance without consuming all the capital.
It is important to consider the right internet technologies to support the needs of student housing and ensure a successful leasing season. Having the right network infrastructure in place will also enable students to access online resources and stay virtually connected. Finally, it is important to provide students and team members with the necessary training and support to ensure smooth operations. Ultimately, selecting the right technology partner is essential in the success of student housing operations.
Our Mission is for ROVR to be the sole source and trusted partner for owners and operators for their investment and performance of proptech deployed at their properties. Connect with us today and we will show you the way! Connect with us today and we will show you the way!
Kim Grisvard, VP Sales and MarketingConnect With Kim